|Producers and Directors
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Perform management activities such as budgeting, scheduling, planning, and marketing.
- Collaborate with promotions directors to produce on-air station promotions.
- Follow instructions from production managers and directors during productions, such as commands for camera cuts, effects, graphics, and takes.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Read, evaluate and edit manuscripts or other materials submitted for publication and confer with authors regarding changes in content, style or organization, or publication.
- Assign topics, events and stories to individual writers or reporters for coverage.
- Confer with management and editorial staff members regarding placement and emphasis of developing news stories.