- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Inform customers about the care, maintenance, and handling of various flowers and foliage, indoor plants, and other items.
- Trim material and arrange bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and other items using trimmers, shapers, wire, pins, floral tape, foam, and other materials.
- Conduct classes or demonstrations, or train other workers.