- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Trim material and arrange bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and other items using trimmers, shapers, wire, pins, floral tape, foam, and other materials.
- Order and purchase flowers and supplies from wholesalers and growers.
- Grow flowers for use in arrangements or for sale in shop.