- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Diagnose and treat neural and psychological conditions in medical and surgical populations such as patients with early dementing illness or chronic pain with a neurological basis.
- Participate in educational programs, in-service training, or workshops to remain current in methods and techniques.
- Diagnose and treat psychiatric populations for conditions such as somatoform disorder, dementias, and psychoses.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems, such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, to modify behavior or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counseling or treatments and the accuracy and completeness of diagnoses, modifying plans and diagnoses as necessary.
- Interpret test results and prepare psychological reports for teachers, administrators, and parents.