|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Fire Prevention Specialist
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Inspect camp sites to ensure that campers are in compliance with forest use regulations.
- Inspect forest tracts and logging areas for fire hazards such as accumulated wastes or mishandling of combustibles, and recommend appropriate fire prevention measures.
- Direct maintenance and repair of firefighting equipment, or requisition new equipment.
|Computer Forensics Technician
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Visit morgues, examine scenes of crimes, or contact other sources to obtain evidence or information to be used in investigations.
- Examine firearms to determine mechanical condition and legal status, performing restoration work on damaged firearms to obtain information such as serial numbers.
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment and apparatus.
|Crime Scene Investigator
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Investigate applications for duty refunds and petition for remission or mitigation of penalties when warranted.
- Secure persons at scene, keeping witnesses from conversing or leaving the scene before investigators arrive.
- Establish criminal profiles to aid in connecting criminal organizations with their members.