|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Swear out warrants, and arrest and process suspected arsonists.
- Identify corrective actions necessary to bring properties into compliance with applicable fire codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to property owners or their representatives.
- Inspect and test fire protection or fire detection systems to verify that such systems are installed in accordance with appropriate laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, and standards.
|Fire Prevention Specialist
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Locate forest fires on area maps, using azimuth sighters and known landmarks.
- Restrict public access and recreational use of forest lands during critical fire seasons.
- Extinguish smaller fires with portable extinguishers, shovels, and axes.
|Crime Scene Investigator
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Examine records to locate links in chains of evidence or information.
- Detain persons found to be in violation of customs or immigration laws and arrange for legal action, such as deportation.
- Check victims for signs of life, such as breathing and pulse.