|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Dust evidence or portions of fire scenes for latent fingerprints.
- Arrange for the replacement of defective fire fighting equipment and for repair of fire alarm and sprinkler systems, making minor repairs such as servicing fire extinguishers when feasible.
- Serve court appearance summonses or condemnation notices on parties responsible for violations of fire codes, laws, and ordinances.
|Crime Scene Investigator
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Obtain facts or statements from complainants, witnesses, and accused persons and record interviews, using recording device.
- Gather intelligence information by field observation, confidential information sources, or public records.
- Study activities relating to narcotics, money laundering, gangs, auto theft rings, terrorism, or other national security threats.
|Fire Prevention Specialist
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Restrict public access and recreational use of forest lands during critical fire seasons.
- Estimate sizes and characteristics of fires, and report findings to base camps by radio or telephone.
- Compile and report meteorological data, such as temperature, relative humidity, wind direction and velocity, and types of cloud formations.