- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Compute dimensions, tolerances, and angles of workpieces or machines, according to specifications and knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Record production output.
- Verify alignment of workpieces on machines, using measuring instruments such as rules, gauges, or calipers.