- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Compute dimensions, tolerances, and angles of workpieces or machines, according to specifications and knowledge of metal properties and shop mathematics.
- Select and install cutting tools and other accessories according to specifications, using hand tools or power tools.
- Verify alignment of workpieces on machines, using measuring instruments such as rules, gauges, or calipers.