- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Make templates or cutting tools.
- Select and install cutting tools and other accessories according to specifications, using hand tools or power tools.
- Study blueprints, layouts, sketches, or work orders to assess workpiece specifications and to determine tooling instructions, tools and materials needed, and sequences of operations.