|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Medical Biller and Coder
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Prepare statistical reports, narrative reports and graphic presentations of information such as tumor registry data for use by hospital staff, researchers, or other users.
- Process patient admission and discharge documents.
- Enter data, such as demographic characteristics, history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures and treatment into computer.
|Medical Services Manager
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Prepare activity reports to inform management of the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and quality initiatives.
- Establish objectives and evaluative or operational criteria for units they manage.
- Develop instructional materials and conduct in-service and community-based educational programs.
|Health Insurance Processing Clerk
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Organize or work with detailed office or warehouse records, using computers to enter, access, search or retrieve data.
- Examine letters from policyholders or agents, original insurance applications, and other company documents to determine if changes are needed and effects of changes.
- Prepare insurance claim forms or related documents and review them for completeness.