- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Interview patients to complete documents, case histories, and forms such as intake and insurance forms.
- Transcribe recorded messages and practitioners' diagnoses and recommendations into patients' medical records.
- Operate office equipment such as voice mail messaging systems, and use word processing, spreadsheet, and other software applications to prepare reports, invoices, financial statements, letters, case histories and medical records.
|Medical Services Manager
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Plan, evaluate, or modify treatment programs based on information gathered by observing and interviewing patients, or by analyzing patient records.
- Maintain communication between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads by attending board meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- Direct or conduct recruitment, hiring and training of personnel.