- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Approve and sign plans that meet required specifications.
- Examine lifting and conveying devices, such as elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks, lifts and hoists, inclined railways, ski lifts, and amusement rides to ensure safety and proper functioning.
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.