- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Train, direct and supervise other construction inspectors.
- Compute estimates of work completed or of needed renovations or upgrades, and approve payment for contractors.
- Approve and sign plans that meet required specifications.