- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment, and elevation of structures and fixtures to ensure compliance to building plans and codes.
- Issue permits for construction, relocation, demolition and occupancy.
- Inspect bridges, dams, highways, buildings, wiring, plumbing, electrical circuits, sewers, heating systems, and foundations during and after construction for structural quality, general safety and conformance to specifications and codes.