- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Measure dimensions and verify level, alignment, and elevation of structures and fixtures to ensure compliance to building plans and codes.
- Review and interpret plans, blueprints, site layouts, specifications, and construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
- Train, direct and supervise other construction inspectors.