- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Inspect bridges, dams, highways, buildings, wiring, plumbing, electrical circuits, sewers, heating systems, and foundations during and after construction for structural quality, general safety and conformance to specifications and codes.
- Issue violation notices and stop-work orders, conferring with owners, violators, and authorities to explain regulations and recommend rectifications.
- Use survey instruments, metering devices, tape measures, and test equipment, such as concrete strength measurers, to perform inspections.