- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Examine lifting and conveying devices, such as elevators, escalators, moving sidewalks, lifts and hoists, inclined railways, ski lifts, and amusement rides to ensure safety and proper functioning.
- Inspect and monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, and specifications.
- Train, direct and supervise other construction inspectors.