- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Approve and sign plans that meet required specifications.
- Train, direct and supervise other construction inspectors.
- Issue violation notices and stop-work orders, conferring with owners, violators, and authorities to explain regulations and recommend rectifications.