- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Provide advice on water quality and issues related to pollution management, river control, and ground and surface water resources.
- Conduct educational programs that provide farmers or farm cooperative members with information that can help them improve agricultural productivity.
- Supervise food processing or manufacturing plant operations.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Provide information to customers on the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants, and lawns.
- Record information such as production figures, farm management practices, and parent stock data, and prepare financial and operational reports.
- Conduct and supervise stock examinations in order to identify diseases or parasites.