- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Devise and participate in activities to improve fish hatching and growth rates, and to prevent disease in hatcheries.
- Scuba dive in order to inspect sea farm operations.
- Assign work schedules and duties to nursery or greenhouse staff, and supervise their work.
|Horticultural Science Technician
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Prepare data summaries, reports, and analyses that include results, charts, and graphs to document research findings and results.
- Measure and mark plot areas, and plow, disc, level, and otherwise prepare land for cultivated crops, orchards and vineyards.
- Receive and prepare laboratory samples for analysis, following proper protocols to ensure that they will be stored, prepared, and disposed of efficiently and effectively.