- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Consult with or serve as a technical liaison between business, industry, government, and union officials.
- Prepare research results for publication in form of journals, books, manuals, and film.
- Administer employee insurance, pension and savings plans, working with insurance brokers and plan carriers.