|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Corrections Treatment Specialist
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Interview probationers and parolees regularly to evaluate their progress in accomplishing goals and maintaining the terms specified in their probation contracts and rehabilitation plans.
- Provide offenders or inmates with assistance in matters concerning detainers, sentences in other jurisdictions, writs, and applications for social assistance.
- Develop rehabilitation programs for assigned offenders or inmates, establishing rules of conduct, goals, and objectives.
|Addiction Social Worker
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Supervise and direct other workers who provide services to clients or patients.
- Educate clients and community members about mental and physical illness, abuse, medication, and available community resources.
- Collaborate with counselors, physicians, and nurses to plan and coordinate treatment, drawing on social work experience and patient needs.
|Mental Health Counselor
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Evaluate clients' physical or mental condition based on review of client information.
- Refer patients, clients, or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.