|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Assist drafters in developing the structural design of products using drafting tools or computer-assisted design (CAD) or drafting equipment and software.
- Provide technical consultation or direction related to the development or production of fuel cell systems.
- Write technical reports or proposals related to engineering projects.
|HVAC Engineering Technician
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Operations Analysis: Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Review project instructions and blueprints to ascertain test specifications, procedures, and objectives, and test nature of technical problems such as redesign.
- Discuss changes in design, method of manufacture and assembly, and drafting techniques and procedures with staff and coordinate corrections.
- Evaluate tool drawing designs by measuring drawing dimensions and comparing with original specifications for form and function using engineering skills.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Record and report all faults, deficiencies, and other unusual occurrences, as well as the time and materials expended on work orders.
- Adjust valves according to specifications and charge system with proper type of refrigerant by pumping the specified gas or fluid into the system.
- Braze or solder parts to repair defective joints and leaks.