- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Research new software or design concepts.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Script, plan, and create animated narrative sequences under tight deadlines, using computer software and hand drawing techniques.
- Assemble, typeset, scan and produce digital camera-ready art or film negatives and printer's proofs.
- Create basic designs, drawings, and illustrations for product labels, cartons, direct mail, or television.