- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Direct and coordinate the fabrication of models or samples and the drafting of working drawings and specification sheets from sketches.
- Investigate product characteristics such as the product's safety and handling qualities, its market appeal, how efficiently it can be produced, and ways of distributing, using and maintaining it.
- Modify and refine designs, using working models, to conform with customer specifications, production limitations, or changes in design trends.