- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Develop manufacturing procedures and monitor the manufacture of their designs in a factory to improve operations and product quality.
- Supervise assistants' work throughout the design process.
- Design graphic material for use as ornamentation, illustration, or advertising on manufactured materials and packaging or containers.