- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Participate in new product planning or market research, including studying the potential need for new products.
- Confer with engineering, marketing, production, or sales departments, or with customers, to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Develop manufacturing procedures and monitor the manufacture of their designs in a factory to improve operations and product quality.