- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Present designs and reports to customers or design committees for approval, and discuss need for modification.
- Investigate product characteristics such as the product's safety and handling qualities, its market appeal, how efficiently it can be produced, and ways of distributing, using and maintaining it.
- Develop manufacturing procedures and monitor the manufacture of their designs in a factory to improve operations and product quality.