|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Computer Software Engineer
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Design, develop and modify software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
- Train users to use new or modified equipment.
|Cisco Network Support Engineer
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Hire, supervise, and direct workers engaged in special project work, problem solving, monitoring, and installing data communication equipment and software.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Conduct office automation feasibility studies, including workflow analysis, space design, or cost comparison analysis.
|Cisco Network Assistant
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Consult customers, visit workplaces or conduct surveys to determine present and future user needs.
- Develop and write procedures for installation, use, and troubleshooting of communications hardware and software.
- Set up user accounts, regulating and monitoring file access to ensure confidentiality and proper use.