|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|Insurance Sales Representative
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Sell various types of insurance policies to businesses and individuals on behalf of insurance companies, including automobile, fire, life, property, medical and dental insurance or specialized policies such as marine, farm/crop, and medical malpractice.
- Calculate premiums and establish payment method.
- Monitor insurance claims to ensure they are settled equitably for both the client and the insurer.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Evaluate possibility of losses due to catastrophe or excessive insurance.
- Review company records to determine amount of insurance in force on single risk or group of closely related risks.
- Write to field representatives, medical personnel, and others to obtain further information, quote rates, or explain company underwriting policies.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Maintain claim files such as records of settled claims and an inventory of claims requiring detailed analysis.
- Contact or interview claimants, doctors, medical specialists, or employers to get additional information.
- Prepare reports to be submitted to company's data processing department.