- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Plan and design interior environments for boats, planes, buses, trains, and other enclosed spaces.
- Subcontract fabrication, installation, and arrangement of carpeting, fixtures, accessories, draperies, paint and wall coverings, art work, furniture, and related items.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.