- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Review and detail shop drawings for construction plans.
- Advise client on interior design factors such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings or equipment, and color coordination.
- Plan and design interior environments for boats, planes, buses, trains, and other enclosed spaces.