- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Burn grooves or crevices in molds in order to correct defects, using soldering guns.
- Melt and roll out metal into sheets or bars, and stamp out jewelry such as gold and silver chains, using presses or dies.
- Examine diamonds or gems to ascertain the shape, cut, and width of cut stones, or to select the cuts that will result in the biggest, best quality stones.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Systems Analysis: Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Research craft trends, venues, and customer buying patterns in order to inspire designs and marketing strategies.
- Develop product packaging, display and pricing strategies.
- Select materials for use based on strength, color, texture, balance, weight, size, malleability and other characteristics.