- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chain saws, electric clippers, sod cutters, and pruning saws.
- Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, and parking lots, and spread salt in those areas.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Prepare graphic representations and drawings of proposed plans and designs.
- Confer with clients, engineering personnel, and architects on overall program.
- Seek new work opportunities through marketing, writing proposals or giving presentations.