- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Seek new work opportunities through marketing, writing proposals or giving presentations.
- Inspect landscape work to ensure compliance with specifications, approve quality of materials and work, and advise client and construction personnel.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, and cost estimates for land development, coordinating arrangement of existing and proposed land features and structures.