|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
|HVAC Engineering Technician
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Read dials and meters to determine amperage, voltage, electrical output and input at specific operating temperature to analyze parts performance.
- Set up and conduct tests of complete units and components under operational conditions to investigate proposals for improving equipment performance.
- Set up prototype and test apparatus and operate test controlling equipment to observe and record prototype test results.
- Science: Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Shade or color drawings to clarify and emphasize details and dimensions or eliminate background using ink, crayon, airbrush, and overlays.
- Draw freehand sketches of designs, trace finished drawings onto designated paper for the reproduction of blueprints, and reproduce working drawings on copy machines.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical equipment, dies, tools, and controls, using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Conduct research studies to develop new concepts in the field of automotive engineering.
- Alter or modify designs to obtain specified functional and operational performance.