- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Coordinate work with clerical personnel or other technologists.
- Review and evaluate developed x-rays, video tape, or computer generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and minor emergency repairs on radiographic equipment.
|Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape and composition of blood, organs, tissues and bodily masses such as fluid accumulations.
- Select appropriate equipment settings and adjust patient positions to obtain the best sites and angles.
- Prepare patient for exam by explaining procedure, transferring them to ultrasound table, scrubbing skin and applying gel, and positioning them properly.