|Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Analyze laboratory findings to check the accuracy of the results.
- Identify appropriate methods of specimen collection, preservation, or transport.
- Select and prepare specimen and media for cell culture, using aseptic technique and knowledge of medium components and cell requirements.
|Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Monitoring: Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Test raw materials, processes and finished products to determine quality and quantity of materials or characteristics of a substance.
- Perform medical research to further control and cure disease.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.