|Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Enter data from analysis of medical tests and clinical results into computer for storage.
- Document specimens by verifying patients' and specimens' information.
- Adjust, maintain, or repair laboratory equipment such as microscopes.
|Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.