|Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Systems Evaluation: Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Harvest cell cultures at optimum time based on knowledge of cell cycle differences and culture conditions.
- Select banding methods to permit identification of chromosome pairs.
- Summarize test results and report to appropriate authorities.
|Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood and urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases, and enter findings into computer.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions and reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.