|Mental Health Counselor
- Installation: Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Monitor clients' use of medications.
- Supervise other counselors, social service staff, assistants, and graduate students.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients' status.
|Addiction Social Worker
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Counsel clients in individual and group sessions to assist them in dealing with substance abuse, mental and physical illness, poverty, unemployment, or physical abuse.
- Educate clients and community members about mental and physical illness, abuse, medication, and available community resources.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record client progress with respect to treatment goals.