- Technology Design: Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Persuasion: Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Collaborate with a manager or agent who handles administrative details, finds work, and negotiates contracts.
- Direct bands or orchestras.
- Improvise music during performances.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Equipment Selection: Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Confer with clergy to select music for church services.
- Assign and review staff work in such areas as scoring, arranging, and copying music, and vocal coaching.
- Score compositions so that they are consistent with instrumental and vocal capabilities such as ranges and keys, using knowledge of music theory.