- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Observe and interview workers to obtain information about the physical, mental, and educational requirements of jobs as well as information about aspects such as job satisfaction.
- Conduct research studies of physical work environments, organizational structures, communication systems, group interactions, morale, and motivation to assess organizational functioning.
- Counsel workers about job and career-related issues.