- Management of Financial Resources: Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
- Counsel workers about job and career-related issues.
- Observe and interview workers to obtain information about the physical, mental, and educational requirements of jobs as well as information about aspects such as job satisfaction.
- Study organizational effectiveness, productivity, and efficiency, including the nature of workplace supervision and leadership.