|Profession||Skills Required||Duties Performed|
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Administer treatment involving application of physical agents, using equipment, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines.
- Perform and document an initial exam, evaluating data to identify problems and determine a diagnosis prior to intervention.
- Evaluate effects of treatment at various stages and adjust treatments to achieve maximum benefit.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary.
- Educate patients and their families about their conditions and teach appropriate disease management techniques, such as breathing exercises and the use of medications and respiratory equipment.
- Enforce safety rules and ensure careful adherence to physicians' orders.
- Repairing: Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Programming: Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Act as liaison with physicist and supportive care personnel.
- Provide assistance to other health care personnel during dosimetry procedures and tumor localization.
- Conduct most treatment sessions independently, in accordance with the long-term treatment plan and under the general direction of the patient's physician.