- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Use a variety of testing techniques to assist doctors in cardiac and pulmonary research and to diagnose disorders.
- Inspect, clean, test and maintain respiratory therapy equipment to ensure equipment is functioning safely and efficiently, ordering repairs when necessary.
- Perform bronchopulmonary drainage and assist or instruct patients in performance of breathing exercises.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Management of Material Resources: Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work.
- Educate patients and family members about various topics, such as communication techniques and strategies to cope with or to avoid personal misunderstandings.
- Provide communication instruction to dialect speakers or students with limited English proficiency.
- Teach clients to control or strengthen tongue, jaw, face muscles, and breathing mechanisms.