- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Inspect, examine, and test installed systems and pipe lines, using pressure gauge, hydrostatic testing, observation, or other methods.
- Weld small pipes or special piping, using specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as computer-assisted welding or microchip fabrication.
- Install underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing.