- Operation and Control: Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Equipment Maintenance: Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Count cash, and review transactions, sales checks, and register tapes in order to verify amounts and to identify shortages.
- Obtain and analyze information on suspects, crimes, and disturbances in order to solve cases, to identify criminal activity, and to gather information for court cases.
- Perform undercover operations such as evaluating the performance and honesty of employees by posing as customers or employees.