- Service Orientation: Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Operation Monitoring: Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Plan and prepare work schedules and keep records of employees' work schedules and time cards.
- Estimate consumer demand and determine the types and amounts of goods to be sold.
- Examine merchandise to ensure that it is correctly priced and displayed and that it functions as advertised.
|Public Safety Manager
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Quality Control Analysis: Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Learning Strategies: Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Develop and revise business plans for online business, emphasizing factors such as product line, pricing, inventory, and marketing strategy.
- Perform or direct inventory investigations in response to shrink results outside of acceptable ranges.
- Supervise subordinate security professionals, performing activities such as hiring, training, assigning work, evaluating performance, or disciplining.